Posted by: John G. Reed
in Frank's Blog on 14, Nov, 2013
Tagged in: Untagged
IT IS EASIER…..
• to judge another than to consider their circumstances
• to criticize another’s failures than to think of your own failures
• to give up trying than to persevere in the effort
• to speak a word of anger than to hold your tongue
• to say much without thinking than to thoughtfully say a little
• to insist on your own way than to listen to the ideas of others
• to tell others what they should have done than to thank them for what they did
• to tell others about your good deeds than to keep silent
• to speak often about your problems than to remember that those listening have their own problems
• to impatiently insist on quicker service than to see the opportunities in your waiting
• to resent that someone didn’t thank you for a big favor than to thank them for a small one
Most people prefer the easy way.
Christians are taught by Jesus to take the harder way…the road less traveled.
“ENTER THROUGH THE NARROW GATE. FOR WIDE IS THE GATE AND BROAD IS THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO DESTRUCTION. BUT SMALL IS THE GATE AND NARROW THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO LIFE, AND ONLY A FEW FIND IT.” MATTHEW 7:13 – 16