Do you recall some of your first day of school experiences? Excitement and enthusiasm (ok maybe those were the early years).
But whether a new school year or a new job or moving to a new community, there’s a sense of anticipation about new beginnings.
That’s what we’re feeling at Trinity about the kick off of the new program year this weekend – Rally Weekend.
The resumption of KIDVENTURE, choir rehearsals, student ministries, small groups and much more all signal new beginnings. I hope you’ll make a special effort to be with us at one of our 4 worship services, which have been especially planned to capture the joy of new beginnings.
The sermon is entitled “Building Bridges” and the Bible passage is Philippians 2:1-11. You can read it here.
Other details include:
SATURDAY NIGHT WORSHIP AT 5:00 – The Meanz of Grace praise band will share music and I’ll offer the sermon.
8:15 CHAPEL – Pastor Deb will join me in leading worship and I’ll preach.
9:15 CONTEMPORARY SANCTUARY WORSHIP – Our music will be shared by the Americana Troupe – our toe tapping group of musicians who always bring a smile. We’ll also have the blessing of the backpacks, as you are encouraged to have your child bring their school backpack to church for a special blessing and to receive a free backpack tag that will remind them every day of God’s presence with them in school. I’ll share the sermon.
10:45 TRADITIONAL SANCTUARY WORSHIP – The Americana Troupe leads us here too, and we’ll also have the blessing of the backpacks. IN addition, we’ll welcome and pray for our KidVenture leaders, church school class teachers and Confirmation Class leaders, as we begin a new year of Christian educational ministry. I’ll share the sermon.
IN ADDITION, THESE SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES AWAIT YOU
– Sign up for one of our 40 small groups beginning this fall, including 13 Bible studies
– See our new International Flag Display in Starr Hall…with 30 flags now mounted!!!!
– Hear 4 new heartwarming items of good news at the close of each worship service
– See the 3 new foot bridges on our property – calling us to our theme of Building Bridges
– Sign up for our blood drive on Sept 16th – we have many slots available – so please give the gift of life
– See our completed building entrance makeover with the beautiful cross in the circle, new pavers, railings, signage and bench (this entrance is now open since construction is completed)
– Join in the free community picnic luncheon from 10:15 – 1:00 Sunday… bring a side or dessert to share (looks like the weather will cooperate and we can be outdoors under the tents )
– And see and greet friends in Christ you may not have seen over the summer, and meet new parishioners among us
Yes, there is much to be enthused about at our church this weekend.
Be sure to come and experience the joy of our new beginnings.