Title: Social Media Manager
Reports to: Sr. Administrative Assistant
Hours: 8 hours per week
Purpose: The ministry of the Social Media Manager is to manage all social media platforms that are or may be used by the church in order to compel members and others to become interested in participating in the church for the transformation of the world. The manager will support the mission and ministry of the congregation in all communications.
- Write and post content frequently about the church’s ministry in conformity with the specific platform.
- Update content on all platforms as needed.
- Develop appropriate content for each platform in order to promote relevant church ministries and events.
- Record and evaluate social media metrics and establish quantifiable goals to increase platform usage.
- Research new social media platforms and recommend as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly with Trinity staff and lay leaders regarding content to be distributed.
- Research into the possibility of developing a Trinity App.
- Responsible to monitor and respond to posts on Social Media in a timely manner as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Webmaster.
- Ensure compliance with Trinity’s Safe Sanctuaries Policy in all church social media activities.
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Senior Administrative Assistant.
- Demonstrates mature Christian character and understanding of the church.
- Show evidence of having a passion for communicating a clear message and skill with methods of communication – verbal, written, and electronic.
- Competent in all social media platforms
- Ability to use graphic design, photography, videography, and digital editing.
- Effective problem-solving with good interpersonal communication skills.
Education: College degree or experience in a relevant field preferred