Our mission statement affirms our priority: We are a Fellowship seeking to share the love and word of Jesus Christ with all
Trinity Church is a congregation of the United Methodist Church, the second largest Protestant denomination in the United States. United Methodists hold to the historic doctrines of the Christian faith, and emphasize the goal of becoming faithful disciples of Jesus Christ, while at the same time reaching out into the community and world to share God’s love. Methodism has always emphasized evangelism, education, diversity and community outreach. We look to the Bible as the authoritative guide for faith and practice.
Trinity is a local church in the heart of Hackettstown, NJ, but we have a regional reach, with parishioners coming from many miles in each direction. We are a large and increasingly diverse congregation, including persons from over a dozen countries. We have a strong investment in family ministry, an extensive mission ministry including multiple mission trips each year, a deepening ministry with children and youth, and over 100 opportunities to participate in ministry and mission. Our music ministry includes four vocal choirs, four English Handbell choirs and three praise bands.
We seek to help all people become better disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Our campus consists of five buildings:
- Our main sanctuary and KidVenture classrooms
- Our office building next door
- The Thrift Shop adjacent to the office building
- Trinity House, at the corner of our campus on Moore Street
- The ”Barn” – a large storage-type building from which we operate our Lord’s Pantry and Thrift Shop furniture annex; this is right next to Trinity House
- Nurturing the spiritual development of all ages in our congregation
- Emphasizing the priority of Christ-centered service to others
- Expressing active concern for, and ministry to, the poor, troubled, and disenfranchised
- Offering diverse forms of worship that respond to the needs of the entire church family and the community in which we live
Trinity Church seeks to be a community of faith where all persons feel welcome and are accepted for who they are. We seek to be a caring, christian community characterized by abundant grace, and the free sharing of joy and sorrow.