Title: Director of Middle School Ministry
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Administrative Board
Associate Pastor – Family Ministry
The mission of the part-time position of Director of Middle School Student Ministry is to share the love and word of Jesus Christ with Middle School aged youth (grades 6-8) through the auspices of the Middle School Student Ministry.
- Understand and support the vision and strategic plan of Trinity Church, and incorporate its goals and objectives into the ongoing Middle School Ministry (MSM).
- Embrace and pursue the vision of the MSM which is to “invite, train and deploy Christian disciples”; participate with the Family Ministry Team in the ongoing development of that mission.
- Provide a weekly opportunity (in addition to Sunday mornings) for middle school students to come together for spiritual growth and the development of Christian community; ensure that all such gatherings include prayer
- Lead an ongoing effort to recruit, train and coach a group of church laypersons to serve in the ministry with the students, using their unique gifts of leadership, mentoring and support
- Be present in Trinity House each Sunday morning to work with a team of other leaders in student ministry in offering leadership and support of the Sunday morning worship “Gathering” and Church School classes
- Organize and lead annual student retreats/mission experiences including but not limited to the annual student retreat, the Philly Experience, and the GNJAC Ignite experience
- Intentionally reach out to all students with care, support and a listening ear, referring matters of concern to a pastor; regularly inviting them to participate in and lead MSM activities, with special attention to those who are not regularly attending
- If possible, to be present during our annual Vacation Bible School week to help guide Middle School youth who may be volunteering
- Offer support as needed to other ongoing ministries involving middle school students, such as Trinity Singers, Confirmation, small groups, etc.
- Whenever possible, attend regular meetings of the full staff and the Family Ministry Team staff
- Provide support and collaboration in the church’s community partnerships such as The Zone and the 8th-grade social
- Assist in the development and management of the annual MSM budget
- Vibrant – Contagious Faith
- Passion for Family Ministry
- Love for People
- Openness to God’s Grace
- Clear Communicator
- Servant Leader
Hours: 12 hours weekly