Title: Family Ministry Administrative Assistant
Purpose: The Administrative Assistant provides a variety of clerical support services for the Family Ministry staff, supports the activities and functions of the Family Ministry office and coordinates the flow of information from the Associate Pastor, Director of Children’s Ministry, Director of Middle School Ministry, and Director of High School Ministry, and Director of VBS.
Responsible to: Associate Pastor and Senior Pastor
Description of Duties:
- Process all incoming and outgoing Family Ministry communications with phone calls and emails.
- Prepare check requests, invoice processing, and bank deposits
- Keep Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry web pages current through the Web Servant or independently.
- Prepare/coordinate the monthly event calendars to all volunteers, children, students, and families of Trinity Church. Also, send via email to Tidings coordinator.
- Check weekly Family Ministry events listing in church bulletin and submit information for inserts.
- Prepare/disseminate/maintain information for children/student activities with: 4th & 5th Grade Fellowship, MS/HS Retreats, Student Mission trips (Philadelphia Experience, New York 9), Lock-ins, B1-Fast, Senior Breakfast, Frog Eyes, Rally Day etc.
- File event information and copies of expenditures.
- Update Family Ministry brochure.
- Coordinate the preparation of baptismal, 3rd grade, 8th (Confirmation), and 12th grade bibles
- Attend full staff and Family Ministry staff meetings and selected Family Ministry events.
- Be an appropriate representative of the church in promoting and supporting church programs and policies; hold in confidence all personal information that may be heard of discussed in the office.
- Perform other duties as required
- Typing, proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Publisher, Excel), Google Docs, Dropbox
- Basic bookkeeping
- Email – Microsoft Outlook
- Organizational & people skills
Desired Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Business, organizational and communication experience preferred
Hours of Work: 15 hours per week – Wednesday 9-2, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday 9-2, and 5 flex hours.
Other Benefits: None