Reports to: Thrift Shop Director
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (35 hours per week)
Purpose: The ministry of the Thrift Shop Manager is to be the primary leader of the Main Street location of the Thrift Shop. This is a fast-paced, extremely busy ministry whose mission it is to share the love and word of Jesus Christ with all through the resale of donated items.
Excellent Communication Task-Coordination
Attention to detail
- Assist the store director with overall store functions.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, carry out tasks with promptness.
- Customer Service: must be a team player, have the ability to effectively communicate with customers and assist customers and volunteers as needed.
- Manage volunteer’s daily task assignments and training of new volunteers.
- Oversee pricing, sorting and preparation of merchandise for sale.
- Identify high end and valuable products to ascertain value.
- Proficient with cash register -trouble shooting, cash management.
- Manage inventory control – replenish shop merchandise and order from warehouse as needed.
- Proficient with office computer – Microsoft Office, Internet Research, Social Media.
- Responsible for merchandising/staging goods: originate display ideas; follow display suggestions; create merchandise displays in windows, showcases and on sales floor.
- Ability to thrive and grow in a fast paced, ever changing work environment.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean store environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Recruit and assist in the coordination of volunteers to serve in the shop.
- Previous retail or resale experience desired.
- Other responsibilities as needed.Essential Requirements:
- High School diploma, or GED
- Customer service experience
- Organizational skills
- Subscription to and integration of Trinity Church’s statement of faith, mission statement, and cultural diversity commitment